A Brief History
In 1946 the Liberty Baptist Church was established by a group of twelve people. They met in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Claude Beasely at 4919 Ash Street. Pastor Venson was called to be the first pastor of the new church.
Sometime later, the church began meeting in the Old Fellow Lodge on Montgomery Road.
In 1949 the church purchased a lot at the corner of Carthage and Feldman Avenues. In the Spring of that year, construction began on a new building.
Later that summer, services were held in the basement of the new building, which was still under construction.
In 1952 the auditorium was completed enough to hold services, and in 1953, work on the building was finished.
The church has worshipped faithfully for 68 plus years and we are excited to see what God has in store for the future